Mortgage & Finance Broker – Trainee or Experienced
Base salary PLUS superannuation PLUS unlimited commission with OTE of $125,000+. Package tailorable to your experience and preferences.
The Perth Mortgage Specialist is a boutique, award-winning brokerage that focuses on providing home loans for clients across WA. The business is growing rapidly, and we're now looking for a full-time Mortgage & Finance Broker to help take us to the next level.
Ultimately, the job is simple; Learn your client's requirements, objectives and current financial scenario, then source and secure a loan in their best interests. Key role aspects include:
- Acquiring new clients and assessing their needs based on their financial information, situation and requirements.
- Educating your clients on the potential options.
- Working with lenders to find the best loan solution for your client.
- Helping your clients complete and understand all the necessary paperwork.
- Liaising with all key stakeholders, including clients, lenders, conveyancers and real estate agents.
- Managing the application from first contact through to post-settlement.
- Ensuring Best Interest Duty, Responsible lending, NCCP, AML/CTR, privacy and general compliance.
- Building and nurturing your referral network.
What's On Offer
- Base/Floor salary plus superannuation dependent on experience.
- Profitable commission split structure with unlimited potential dependent on experience.
- The MFAA Industry Intelligence Service Report 14th edition 2022 Report outlined the average WA gross remuneration generated per mortgage broker, before costs per annum = $181,576 (guide only – your income will be dependent on your level of success and perseverance)
- Supplied leads.
- Flexible working hours available.
- West Perth office location with an abundance of independent coffee shops, eateries, bars and other local amenities on our doorstep.
- Dell Laptop & iPhone provided.
- Ongoing learning, development and mentorship.
- Career progression with the ability to specialise or diversify in all forms of finance.
- A close-knit, friendly working environment with Friday drinks, team outings and more.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- 2+ years experience in residential lending (if experienced).
- Tertiary educated (if no experience).
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (or willing to complete).
- Diploma of Finance & Mortgage Broking Management (or willing to complete).
- Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- High level of numeracy.
- Adept at sales and building trust.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work autonomously and use initiative.
- Highly organised and proficient at multitasking.
- Self-driven and highly motivated.